BEFORE TAKING ADMISSION, ALL SHOULD KNOW THAT IT IS A VOCATIONAL TRAINING CENTRE, NOT A HIGHER EDUCATION CENTRE. PURSUING HIGHER STUDIES IS NOT POSSIBLE HERE. AFTER COMPLETION OF THE STIPULATED TRAINING PERIOD, SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES CAN START SELF-EMPLOYMENT OR WILL BE PLACED FOR EMPLOYMENT DIRECTLY, DEPENDING ON THE COURSES. THESE COURSES ARE ONLY MEANT TO DEVELOP THE SKILL TOWARDS DEMAND OF THE JOB-MARKET, FOR UNEMPLOYED YOUTHS ONLY.
After going through the COURSES page, one can see the list of the available courses, eligibility criteria, duration, the subject/topics covered and what competency can be acquired after successful completion of the course.
Different admission time is scheduled for different courses under different affiliating body. Exact starting time of admission & last date of admission in different courses are notified in the NOTICE section of the website. As seats are limited in all the courses (Number of admission capacity is fixed by Authorizing Bodies), after receiving a substantial number of application, we use to stop issuing Admission Form further for the Sessions.
To know the Form issuing dates & last date of submission, you may please contact office phone number directly: Ph-033-65696050, 033-65696061 (11am to 6 pm, 7 days in a week).
- We follow the First Come – First Admission rule. As it is not a higher education center, obtaining higher percentage of marks will not carry any preference in admission.
- We prefer unemployed youths for admission. We encourage High School drop-outs to pursue Vocational Training.
- We believe in Women Empowerment. We encourage more & more females to pursue Vocational Training to generate self-employment.
- All the courses are regular. We do not conduct any correspondence course.
- Regular attendance is compulsory. We will not allow anybody to appear in FINAL EXAMINATION without having more than 70% attendance. No request will be entertained regarding this matter.
- Course fees in self-financed are non-refundable and non-adjustable. No request will be entertained regarding the refund. Free courses are absolutely free.
- Preferable age of admission& training: 18 years to 45 years. Exception may be permissible only after scrutinizing the individual case & supporting documents.
There are two modes of Admission:
- You may take admission in course of your choice. The process (Functioning Admission Tab) is available only after announcement of the Admission date. It will stop functioning after last date of submission.
- Prior to taking admission you need to keep few things ready. Scanned copies of your coloured photograph, Admit Card of Madhyamik/Matric (from any recognized Boards only), pass Certificates of Madhyamik/Matric/10+2/Graduation/PG, Residential proof (Voter ID/Aadhar Card/Ration Card/Certificate from Panchayat, Councilor etc, Bank A/C details (for reimbursement of any fees), Photocopies of First page of pass book and ATM card (Credit/Debit) for Fee Payment.
- All the scanned files should only be in .jpeg or .JPG format & should not be more than 1MB.
- Before upload any documents, it should be optimized using photo optimizer. (Available free program online)
- Then click Admission tab. Admission page will open.
- Set of Rules & regulations are there in the Institute. First go through it. Then tick in the “Accept” box.
- Select the Branch, in which you are interested to pursue the training, nearest to your residence.
- Fill-up carefully all the required data & upload all the required documents & information. All the * marked fields are required to fill-up in the Form towards the final submission. Otherwise you have to start afresh.
- After final submission, you will be directed to payment gateway. After successful completion of payment, you will be issued Provisional Receipt.
- If all the documents, eligibility criteria & payment found successful, within 48 hours, Provisional Admission Number & Student ID will be generated online.
- Take print-out of Admission Form, Provisional Receipt.
- Submit hard copies of Admission Form, Provisional Receipt, 5 copies of coloured photographs & all the required documents to the office within 7 days of submission and collect ID card, Syllabus, Final receipt, Final Admission Number etc.
- Unless or until the submitted documents are found to be in order and verified in the office, only submission of fees will not guarantee any admission. Simultaneously, without fee submission, submission of Form will not guarantee any admission.
- Only with provisional Admission Number, you will not be issued User ID & Password or be allowed to access the facilities of“Students Zone” to surf Syllabus, Result, Fee submission, Receipt generation etc.
- You may take admission in course of your choice as usual in the office. The process starts only after announcement of the Admission date. Date of admission & last date of submission of duly filled form is announced in website, as well as in leading Newspaper.
- Prior to taking admission you need to bring few things with you. Photocopies of your Admit Card of Madhyamik/Matric (from any recognized Boards only), pass Certificates of Madhyamik/Matric/10+2/Graduation/PG, Residential proof (Voter ID/Aadhar Card/Ration Card/Certificate from Panchayat, Councilor etc.,5 copies of recently taken coloured passport sized photograph, Bank A/C details (for reimbursement of any fees), Photocopies of First page of pass book. Bring all the original of the documents for verification, but don’t submit it or keep it in the Institute. Always keep original documents in your own custody and submit the self-attested photocopies only.
- In any cases & circumstances, Institute will not take any responsibilities of misplacing the original documents of the candidates.
- Prior to taking admission in any course, know the details of the courses, syllabus, job-prospect, Certifying authority, class timing, dress code, book list, sponsoring agency, facility of stipend etc.
- Application Form of different courses under different Statutory Bodies & Prospectus can be had from the front desk of the Institute in any day (7 days in a week) between 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. for Rs. 100/- by hand in cash or by post sending Demand Draft of Rs. 120/- in favour of “Institute of Allied Health Sciences”, payable at Kolkata. Application should be made only in the specified Application Form for the specific courses. Same can be downloaded from website and print out can be taken in A-4 size paper in front to back manner. Duly filled Form in all aspect should be submitted to the Institute prior to last date of admission. Delay in transit or other manners will not be considered and stipulated penalty charges will be applicable as the admission procedure is governed by set of rules of Affiliating Bodies. All the Original documents will be verified during admission.
- Submission of forged documents is a legal offence & if found anytime during the entire tenure of the course, will be treated as punishable offence and Managing Committee will take appropriate course of action.
- In all the courses seats are limited. Submission of documents only will not guarantee any seat. Admission through Online & Offline will be counted to fill-up the stipulated seat in any course.
- Always take money receipt after paying any fees; otherwise it will not be updated in Ledger Book.
- Collect ID card within 7 days of admission.
Rules & Regulations:
- All suggestions / Grievances regarding the Courses/Institute/Classes should be made in writing, addressed to the Principal of the Institute. All grievances & communication regarding the Institution / Course should be submitted to the Principal of the Institute as an appeal to put up the matter to the meetings of the Managing Committee.
- Every student must carry the Identity Card, issued by the Institute & should be produced on demand.
- Political activities are strictly prohibited within the Institute premises.
- The Institute has its own Library in all the branches. Library Card fees of Rs.100/- (one time reading card) should be paid at the time of admission. Different costly Text & reference books are available along with CDs are to be used by the students in all working days for study only in the Institute premises. To avail the facility of taking the book at home study, deposit of Rs.300/-is compulsory. Book can be retained for maximum 7days, after which fine of Rs.5/-per day will be imposed
- Students will have to clear all the fees & arrear dues to the institute, if any, at least 2 weeks before the Annual /Final exam, otherwise they will not be allowed to appear in the Exam
- Any students found guilty of misconduct &misbehaviour, violation of rules as stipulated misuse of Institute‘s property and/or criminally convicted or any such other misbehaviour, which shall tantamount to provocation & detrimental to the interest of the Institute in general, shall be liable for expulsion.
- Students found guilty of carelessness leading to breakage of Laboratory utensils/Clinic or loss of costly apparatus, furniture etc. shall compensate the loss from the caution money.
- Caution money shall be refunded after completion of courses, deducting the amount of damage/misuse, if any.
- Deposition of Admission fee is not at all the sole criterion for admission. Admission may be refused if requisite particulars are found to be unsatisfactory. The decision of authority in regard to admission is final.
- The fees must be paid within the 10th of each month in advance, failing which Rs.5/- will be charged as late fine for each day, in regular courses. The session charges shall be paid in full irrespective of admission in any month of the session
- The Principal reserves the right to remove the name of a defaulter from the roll without assigning any reason to any one after the expiry of 30 days from the day when the late fine is charged and /or notified last date of payment.
- Institute imparts training only. Course & Syllabus are formulated & examinations are conducted by WBSCTE, NCVT, WBMDFC, NSDC or other Statutory Bodies and shall also award Certificates to the successful students. Institute shall never award any Certificate.
- In self-financed BSS courses, Enrolment Certificate, ID Cards, Model Question papers, Admit Card, Mark sheet, Certificate etc. may reach to the Institute belatedly by post or some other reasons. The students should bear and cooperate with the Institute authority in this regard.
- Behala Institute of Allied Health Sciences (Regd. Society) andVocational Training Institutes are recognized &governed by different Statutory Bodies, as per Rules & Regulations of their skill development programs. Any change, if made by anyStatutory Council of Central Government or State Government will be applicable to all concerned. The Behala Institute of Allied Health Sciences& any of its affiliate Institute shall not be liable and/ or held liable for any change / changes of Rules & Regulations if made in future by Govt. of India or any other Statutory Council / Body of Central / State Govt.
- The students being aware of & abiding by the Terms & Conditions should take admission in any of the courses under any of the Institute under Society.
- The Charges as Registration Fee, Enrolment Fee, Examination Fee, Library Fee, Practical Charges, Model question papers, Study Materials etc. are extra from the Course Fee in some courses depending on the authorizing body.
- Fees deposited in one session will not be adjusted in the next session in any cases of reported / unreported absence. Candidate will be considered, as defaulter & name shall be struck –off from the Roll Book. Fresh application & fees as applicable in the next session are mandatory to deposit to continue the studies.
- Every candidate should surf the website (www.biahs.in, www.sstacamtala.in, www.iahs.co.in) regularly to update themselves on Notice displayed there & any change in Rules & Regulations. The authority of the Management of the Institute of Allied Health Sciences reserves the right to add or alter or modify the Rules & Regulations of the Institute from time to time, if necessary & shall be applicable to all.
- Legal dispute, if any will be subject to the territorial jurisdiction of Court at Alipore, South 24 Parganas only.
- All the courses& vocational trainings are job oriented only. We do not offer any job or we do not have any placement cell right now. But we help in placement or in self-employment. Several reputed organizations have started Campus Interview from 2012 & offered job to several competent trainees. Soon we shall start placement cell to facilitate more employment. Designated Placement Officer will be there in the office to help the trainees.
- Soon we are going to start Loan Facilitator Desk in our office to help the trainees to get maximum loan benefit of the Government’s Schemes toward starting a small entrepreneurship. But we do not assure any loan, as there are several many criteriato avail the facility.
- We do not award any Certificate. We impart training only. Concerned authority will award Certificate.
- We do not have our own hostel in any branch right now. We help in accommodation both for Boys & Girls. Candidates have to bear the cost independently under their own guardians, safety, security & discipline. Regarding accommodation in our own hostel, we shall inform all well in advance regarding availability of the facility from the date & session.
- Due to any change/s in Rules & Regulation of W.B.S.C.T.E, W.B.M.D.F.C, D.G.E.T,N.C.V.T, M.O.R.D, N.S.D.C, Ministry of H.R.D, Govt. of India or any other Statutory Bodies in India/State, if any candidates / candidates become ineligible for the courses admitted or applied/to appear in the examination/ candidatures is cancelled, Behala Institute of Allied Health Sciences or any of its Branches or any of its employee / officer will not be responsible for that.
- Incomplete application form, misleading or ineligible information,lack of proper documents & photograph, long absence without information to the Institute, defaulter for more than consecutive 45 days will lead to automatic cancellation of candidature.
- Money once paid & receipt issued will not be returned /adjusted & no request for such will be entertained